The Helpdesk provides quick and tailored expert support offered on request from both Sida staff (Swedish and Missions Abroad) in the area of Gender Equality. It covers a broad range of subject areas, including:
- Gender Mainstreaming including Gender Analysis
- Gender-Responsive Planning and Gender Budgeting
- Women’s Economic Empowerment
- Women’s Political Participation and Influence
- Gender Equality, Environment and Climate Change
- Social Norms Change, including through working with Men and Boys
- Gender, Peace and Security
- Gender Based Violence
- Gender Equality in Education
- Gender Equality and Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR)
Types of support that can be provided by the Helpdesk include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Writing reports of various types (stakeholder mappings, portfolio reviews, minor studies, monitoring report, summaries of results etc);
- Providing written or oral comments on appraisals, assessments, reviews, analyses etc;
- Providing advice, training or guidance to Sida and the Swedish Missions Abroad (including management) in the sub-areas covered by this assignment;
- Developing methodological guidance, including adaptive and flexible ways of working;
- Participating as experts in seminars, workshops, discussions etc;
- Facilitating seminars, workshops, discussions etc;
- Participating as experts in short-term missions;
- Providing support, advice and training to Sida’s partners on how to integrate and strengthen a gender equality perspective in programmes and projects.
Tasks can be carried out as desk studies or as field assignments, depending on the requested service. Note that Helpdesk assignments, in addition to English, can be carried out in multiple languages, including French, Spanish, Arabic, Swedish and more.
The Helpdesk assignments can be up to 80 hours of consulting work and are financed from the Strategy for Sweden’s Development Cooperation for Global Gender Equality and Women’s and Girls’ Rights 2018-2022. There is therefore not needed to take a decision or to contribute with funds from unit/department level for your assignment.
The Helpdesk is managed by Nordic Consulting Group NCG and will be running during the period 2020 – 2022.